Not wanting to cause any trouble. Please please no judging.
I have a secret. A secret that I've kept from you guys as long as possible because I know how wrong and horrible it is. Maggie is pregnant. It was planned. We took her to the "stud" on October 17th and after a few hours of being there (OH's parents, we stayed for supper, etc.) she and Bear (stud) tied. On the car ride home, I knew in my heart it was the wrong thing to do. I was completely filled will dread and regret. We decided that we weren't going to take her back for another tie. We hoped that once wasn't enough to get her pregnant.
But, it was. My beautiful baby now looks like she swallowed a basketball and is massive. I've begun to come to terms with the situation and realize there is nothing I can do (E-spay is severely against my religion) and I'll admit, I'm even a little excited. Maggie is due on December 21st. We've just now been able to feel the babies wiggle in her tummy the last day or two. My poor baby is so uncomfortable Sad she breathes heavy often and can't sleep well at night. I'm beyond terrified for the birth. I have 3 vets I've called (the furthest is 45 minutes away) and I know them personally and asked them to have a clear scheduale and be on call for the birth. I can't lose Maggie. She's my whole life and now I did this to her.

Please don't judge me Sad
~Bailey~
Maggie - Border Collie - 2 years
Boo-Boo - Chihuahua - 7 years
Snowy - Poodle - 9 years
Congrats on you future puppies! I was completely freaked out and nervous for Evie's delivery too. The whole thing was pretty nerve wrecking. I am sure everything will be just fine for Maggie. Just be prepared and have the vets number on standby just in case. Smile Make sure to post pictures!!!
[Image: smpf_zpswwohgnd9.jpg]
I'm not going to judge.

We all make mistakes,& it's part of who we are.We may think in the moment that its a good idea,but then we regert doing.

I'm going to support you,& I'm not going to be rude or judge you.
You are an idiot. I don't care if I get in trouble for saying it either. You have been warned of the risks, and your dog isn't even possibly pure bred, you were complaining about her fear issues, but yet you do a planned breeding with her. Yay another irresponsible breeder. Not. I wish her the best of luck but hope to hell you are prepared for the consequences that may ensue. I seriously doubt that is the case.
[Image: ToddandFury1.jpg]
"Dog lovers are a good breed themselves"
~Gladys Taber
I'm not for breeding but I won't judge you but I do feel she is too young
Personally I think you should have though more carefully about whether you wanted to breed Maggie before you took her to the stud rather than after; however, I know that now she is pregnant you will do the absolute best you can to help her. I hope she does well through the rest of her pregnancy and the birth.

One question: Maggie is about 1.5 (I think) so why did you breed her so young?
By the way, I am not trying to accuse you, I am just curious.
Toddsmom,'index.php?page=Thread&postID=138746#post138746 Wrote:You are an idiot. I don't care if I get in trouble for saying it either. You have been warned of the risks, and your dog isn't even possibly pure bred, you were complaining about her fear issues, but yet you do a planned breeding with her. Yay another irresponsible breeder. Not. I wish her the best of luck but hope to hell you are prepared for the consequences that may ensue. I seriously doubt that is the case.

Toddsmom,I was never aware of these "problems",& that she the OP, still deicide to breed.

I was never aware of the the dogs age,& that she's fear aggressive,& she might not be purebred. But you know all of the problems That she's genetically aggressive, young,& the possbility she's not even purebred. I'm annoyed now,because first you didn't tell us that she's a fear aggerssive,you didn't tell us her age,& that she's possibly not a purebred BC,& the fact you still breed her,knowing that. Your not an idiot though.

I'm sorry,I said I wouldn't judge you,but you didn't tell us that she fear aggressive.I should of known she was fear aggerssive & possibly not purebred.

I still not judge you(beside from right now),& while I'm annoyed? I won't be rude.

Edit: It seems like your try to help her the most you can, which I appericate ,I'm not mad you anymore.
Come what way, best of luck. Not much point in pulling out the book and lecturing now. Aside of everything else being brought up, I hope that it all goes as smoothly and healthily as it possibly could.
[Image: cbnCp1.png]
[Image: lXOGp1.png]
WOW!! If I remember correctly you aren't even sure if Maggie was purebred. You have NO papers on her, so why the heck are you breeding her? What are you going to do if she needs an emergency c-section? Do you have thousands of dollars to save her life and the puppies lives? What happens if she gets eclapmsia? Are you going to rush her to the vet and spend hundreds of dollars getting her back to where she needs to be? Are you going to bottle feed those puppies every couple of hours?? I just had an acquaintance go through this on facebook because she had an accidental litter. The poor girl was heart broken that something might happen to the dam! I hope your willing to spend a ton of money in the next couple of months, because soon honey your going to be broke! Raising puppies isn't cheap! I hope you also plan on getting some health clearances on the parents in the mean time!

I guess we shouldn't all be surprised, you were talking of breeding her at 6 months! :cursing:
[Image: C1062064-1353946396large.jpg]
Emma, Cullen, Esme & Nanuq
Oh Bailey... This is heart breaking.. I hope Magge does okay, and all the puppies you now have to care for. I don't think you should of bred her to begin with. Sad She is not proven in anything. No sports, herding anything.. And she is still young right? This is a decision that should of been strongly thought through. We are around the same age and I can't imagine raising puppies and giving Athena all the prenatal care.. I am really good friends with a breeder and she never makes any money, she actualy loses money when she does a litter. And another thing, aggression is genetic. Trust me, I know. Wink It's not something I would want to pass on to 8 puppies. So if you thought she was the slighest bit aggressive you should of never even thought about breeding her. Sad I wish you the very best..
Gabby, Athena, & Trout
The best handler in the world is the one whose dog is having the most fun.

[Image: CD_15485_174335_athenaGraves_a1064195-1-1.jpg]