Border collies in Mississippi
Does anyone know of any and border collie rescues or know someone giving away a border collie in southern Mississippi? I've had 2 border collies, my first when I was 5 till she passed away 2 years ago and now my Molly who is 2 now. My son really wants a border collie and Molly needs a friend since my mums sheltie she used to play with passed away. I can't find any border collies anywhere near here. I had to drive to Texas to get Molly, but I don't have the time or money for a trip 1000 miles away right now. If anyone could help me find him a border collie I would be ever so grateful. Bonnie my border collie I had growing up was my best friend and saved my life a couple times, I want my son to have the same thing I did growing up, and still do with Molly.
Have you done a google search? This is what I came up with.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=ch...pi&spell=1
Linda

One Border Collie Is Never Enough

[Image: P1160337-800x600_zps7nxqmgvy.jpg]

Yeah I have. When you actually click the links there's really nothing. The few that do have puppies are 1,000+ I don't have that much to spend on one, and not going to be a show dog so the high bloodline isn't really worth the money for what it want it for ya know?
Have you looked at any rescues or shelters?
Linda

One Border Collie Is Never Enough

[Image: P1160337-800x600_zps7nxqmgvy.jpg]

I don't know how much you can afford but you can use this website to search for border collie pups by state http://www.puppyfind.com/for_sale/?breed...8&state=MS

Also you can go to petfinders.com and search for border collies, sex, age, by your zip code. Contact your local shelters and ask if they have any border collies or rescues that have adoption available.
Enjoying life with my dog
Rescues and shelters are going to be your best bet and it's going to take some time and research on your part to find a reputable one close to you. I saw several rescues and breeders in a couple of quick searches I did. $300-500 wouldn't be unreasonable for a pup from healthy, tested parents and that's from a decent working line. I steer clear of any confirmation/show breeders since its detrimental to the breed. You may be able to find something cheaper but are you really spending less if you wind up with a sickly dog that will need all sorts of expensive vet care? A sick puppy that only cost $200 could easily exceed several thousand dollars in vet bills.

Reputable breeders rarely make a profit since genetic testing alone is very expensive not to mention basic vet care and day to day costs of raising pups.
I've been looking for awhile. The shelters never have any, I have a friend that works there and told him any border collies that come in let me know, and the 4 years he's worked there not one border collie. I don't mind paying 300 to 500, but I'm not going to buy a puppy from someone who is obviously in it for money. The people I got Molly from were breeders and she has a top bloodline, but you could tell they really love their border collies. And that's the type of people I want to get one from, or a shelter BC and give one a home.
Found this on CL in Mobile
http://mobile.craigslist.org/pet/4637782673.html
[Image: f0bc1bca-0085-4b84-a836-f8ed77462bd9_zpsfaeed307.jpg]

Gracie - Yellow Lab - 10/23/2005
Nozomi (Zoe) - BC/Lab - Got ya - 9/5/2009
Maddie - Chessie - 3/6/2010
Pinks - Black Lab/Mix - Got ya 12/30/10

At the Bridge
Abbey - Yellow Lab - Got ya - 5/8/2009 - 4/22/11
Cheanna - Black Lab/Mix - Got ya 5/99 - 9/21/10
Buddy (Bubba) - Black Lab/Mix - Got ya 11/2/02 - 3/28/10
Amber - Yellow Lab/Dobi - Got ya 8/1989 - 5/15/01