It's been awhile...Nitro needs a new home
I used to be pretty active here, then life happened and babies happened and well, these aren't the terms I wish I was returning on.

We bought Nitro as a puppy and he's been my baby ever since. I sought advice here when he showed signs of being dog aggressive and I was given so much help and understanding. So I'm posting here for...help.

Nitro needs a new home. We have two kiddos now. Our oldest turns 2 in a few weeks and our daughter was born in March. Nitro doesn't do well with young kids. Our son doesn't understand to give him space (though we've worked on this time and time and time again, he's just too little to grasp it), and we're finally at the point where we're realizing we just can't have him here anymore. And it breaks my heart because I love this dog so freaking much. I'm not sure if anyone is still in Oregon (Brandon? Are you still around?) but if anyone could help pointing me in the right direction. He's an amazing dog. He's such a sweetheart. He just needs to not have little kiddos around. I want to avoid the shelter route because I'm terrified of him being put down for being "aggressive" when he's really not.

Attached Files
.jpeg   image.jpeg (Size: 1.93 MB / Downloads: 2)
[Image: PicMonkeyCollagee-1.jpg]
~Ali&Nitro
Have you looked at BC rescues in your area?
Gotta love 'em.
Good to hear from you again. Too bad it's for this reason.

Another option would be to have a behaviorist check things out. Might be able to work through his issues and it could end up being a win win for everyone. If not a rescue is the best way to go.
If you are on Facebook there are a lot of groups you could post it on. Border Collie people are the best at helping when they can. How old is he?
Linda

One Border Collie Is Never Enough

[Image: P1160337-800x600_zps7nxqmgvy.jpg]

Tell me about a behaviorist!! I would SO rather keep him. Seriously the idea of rehoming makes me want to cry. But he bit our son yesterday for the second time. He's just reactive. Not aggressive. He turns 6 in about a week!
[Image: PicMonkeyCollagee-1.jpg]
~Ali&Nitro
A behaviorist would be a great idea!
I did a quick Google search on "animal behaviorists in oregon" and came up with this: http://animalbehaviorclinic.net/

Hope this helps!
[Image: 2017-01-25%2008.55.54_zps4pg1dz33.jpg]
Sometimes, the smallest things bring the greatest joy.