Ember Milestone... Eh, forget numbers: No More Collar Blues
Unfortunately, with Kairo, I have become a little too fast to grab a collar on a wayward dog. I don't wrench it or anything, but I am very quick to reach down and take hold.

That has NEVER worked for Ember, and has lead to so many melt downs and slip-aways than I can count.

However...

Last night, on our final walk of the day, I had Ember off leash. She had just come off of a cat chase beautifully on command, and was trotting along like nothing was up, when she spotted a small dog trying to potty in the bushes, on a lead, with an owner. And she just runs right up to both and goes straight for the pup's butt.

Now mind you, my dog is NOT threatening, and the owner just kinda laughed. I sensed some annoyance directed at my dog, and I didn't blame him. I called her and even used Leave It, and she glanced back then chose to ignore me.

So I marched up, hooked her collar, apologized to the gentleman, and marched her back to the sidewalk. I was an idiot and didn't bring a lead out with me (never again), so I had to let her free. My dog is brilliant enough to decide it's better to ignore the dog and stay by Mom's side this time, so I march her straight home with her on my heals.

But that was it.

It hit me when I got to the bottom of our steps what I had done. I had collared my dog, pulled her away to the sidewalk - and she didn't so much as flinch away. She didn't back up, didn't try to run, didn't yelp or paw or melt. She followed me, and when I released her, wagged her tail and followed me home.

I just... who's this dog?!
[Image: e5Qmm5.png]

Gotcha Day: November 14, 2015
Vet-Listed Birthday: May 2, 2014
That time she understood why you did it so it didn't scare her. She understood!
Gotta love 'em.
That's awesome! Greenstars
[Image: 2017-01-25%2008.55.54_zps4pg1dz33.jpg]
Sometimes, the smallest things bring the greatest joy.
Three weeks, guys! Three weeks, the changes in my dog! I'm working on a new thread for September updates and things we did tonight. You won't believe the change without seeing it!
[Image: e5Qmm5.png]

Gotcha Day: November 14, 2015
Vet-Listed Birthday: May 2, 2014