Oh my gosh...
I just witnessed Ember play all out tug with Kairo! It was a good half a minute or more, up and down off and on the couch. She wouldn't let it go!

Of course, a second time was a no go - Kairo got her face snapped at for bringing it back over. It's almost like Ember gets so excited that she psychs herself out lol.

I started it by playing with Kairo, then putting my hand in the middle of the toy. This let Ember pull it without Kairo getting right in her face. I eventually had to let it go and then they were off! I think a longer rope toy will do the trick!
[Image: e5Qmm5.png]

Gotcha Day: November 14, 2015
Vet-Listed Birthday: May 2, 2014
She does psych herself out, absolutely.
Gotta love 'em.
They went for it a second time! Look at this girl!

Tug!

She won !!!! Bouncing
"A tired border collie, is a good border collie"
Greenstars That's great! It's nice to see that she's finally starting to play with toys.
[Image: 2017-01-25%2008.55.54_zps4pg1dz33.jpg]
Sometimes, the smallest things bring the greatest joy.
/yahoo She won with the Border Collie eye.
Linda

One Border Collie Is Never Enough

[Image: P1160337-800x600_zps7nxqmgvy.jpg]

Today Ember was carrying around the giant Chuck-it ball!

Also I should have said in that video they had been tugging the length of time it took me to find my phone and get it recording Giggle

I love this so much!

Day 3 of the new kibble and day 2 of Ember carrying around balls. She actually nearly destroyed a real baseball before I woke up (I woke up to this mild thumping across the living room, and came in to Ember with it between her paws systematically pulling the leather topping off of it).

We also had a 3-way game of tug going about an hour ago! I started with Kairo, then switched to Ember, then Kairo took my end out of my hand and Ember and Kairo pulled - we rotated like this for a little while before I just let them at it. Ember is still very slow and thoughtful, but Kairo has begun switching between frantic-eager-puppy-mode pulling with me, and a slow-careful-motherly-pull with Ember. So cool to see her figure it out!

However, I think one of them is starting to have guarding issues, but I'm not sure if that's true and if so which one. The first two times the two dogs had the rope at the same time, both began growling without really pulling (I think it was both, it sounded weird, and they both sound the same, so it was hard to tell). Neither of them backed down either, it was just a standoff with growling for half a minute before one pulled back, and the game started. Ember also gave it up a couple of times, and Kairo tried to leave the room with it, and the one time Ember actually won, she tried to take it to the couch. So I have a feeling it is a bit of both. I don't want to encourage this, but I don't want to stop it either - my girl is PLAYING!!!!

Its fantastic she's playing! I wouldn't get too concerned about the guarding for now. Lili, Bronwen's sister always steals other dogs toys and won't give them up however, this weekend she nabbed Bronwen's so Bronwen promptly went and took Lili's - and wouldn't give it back! Was very funny watching both of them work through it inc playing tug of war with the toys. There were a few growls and a bit of nipping from both dogs but they were both giving as good as they got so we left them to sort it between them. Which they kind of did - they both stole each others toys at the end but they were happy playing tug with either and when we ended the game to get home both dogs gave the toys up.