opinions and thoughts?
So my Uncle has a basenji dog and my mom told me the other day to look at the picture of him on facebook because she said it looks like Chance. Which I went and looked and it in a way does. And I remember I did research at one point to find out what dogs have brindle in them and to eliminate the brindles that didn't necessarily match Chance's. The brindle that basenji's can come in is very similar to Chance's. So I looked up some of the traits and temperaments of a basenji and he matches a lot of their characteristics. So i'm thinking maybe he's mixed with a basenji but i'm not 100%. but he definitely has border collie in him. there are so many things that he does that screams border collie. but then he does something and i go /thinking hmmm that's not a border collie trait hahaha.

So I'm just curious anyone else see the resemblance or am I just losing my mind? It doesn't matter either way what he's mixed with and I've said that before. I love him more than anyone can imagine. and like i've said before, it would be nice to have an idea of what he could be mixed with so then we know how to go about things esp training wise, because basenji's are difficult to train -- which Chance can be difficult at times.

Attached Files
.jpg   thoughts-.jpg (Size: 860.22 KB / Downloads: 21)
.jpg   220px-Gaia_Basenji.jpg (Size: 19.66 KB / Downloads: 122)
.jpg   basenji-11.jpg (Size: 123.94 KB / Downloads: 19)
.jpg   Basenji-dog-breed-image-tricolour.jpg (Size: 99.73 KB / Downloads: 16)
Basenjis are pretty rare.
Quirkydog,'index.php?page=Thread&postID=189508#post189508 Wrote:Basenjis are pretty rare.

yea that's what i've read. but i saw there are 4 or 5 breeders in PA. and my uncle is down in VA. I really don't know where Chance came from. He could have been adopted out of state and his previous family moved and then wanted to get rid of him. idk it's so hard to say. I just feel that the resemblance and some traits match. but who knows /shrug
I think a Basenji jumped the fence or the BC did. I would put $ that he does have some Basenji in him. He's a very handsome pup.
Does he have the Basenji tail? That is a fairly dominant trait. And does he bark like a normal dog? The basenji mixes I have known do not do a normal bark.
Gotta love 'em.
Gideon\s mom','index.php?page=Thread&postID=189775#post189775 Wrote:Does he have the Basenji tail? That is a fairly dominant trait. And does he bark like a normal dog? The basenji mixes I have known do not do a normal bark.
no not that curly.

more like a gsd or a husky when they have it curled. more like a saber tail. he does bark like a normal dog.
Jenniferroy,'index.php?page=Thread&postID=189766#post189766 Wrote:I think a Basenji jumped the fence or the BC did. I would put $ that he does have some Basenji in him. He's a very handsome pup.

someone must have lol. who knows though. yeah i think he has some basenji in him. aw thank you Smile
Then I doubt it's really Basenji, though it may be some kind of terrier.
Gotta love 'em.