bc coat and size
Hi everyone!

I got a BC puppy around 2months ago, his name is Balu Smile He will be turning 4 months on Jan 28th. I have a couple of questions and was wondering if you guys could give me a hand!

so, he had diarrhea for a while and i think that might be the reason why he is so tiny. I actually dont know what size he should be, but some people have told me that he should be bigger (the pictures are at least 2 weeks old). Also, why type of coat do you think he'll have? and when does it start to fully grow? his parents had long and medium coats, but his looks kind of short... I don't know, what do you think? THANKS Smile Smile

Attached Files
.png   2016-12-26 19.55.00_1484418050983.png (Size: 2.53 MB / Downloads: 29)
.jpg   20161226_153607_1484418051318.jpg (Size: 4.47 MB / Downloads: 24)
Frisbee_dog
Welcome-group Oh looks like he's going to have a long coat. You can tell by the fluff behind his ears. What's his weight? My guy is just recovering from some diarrhea now. what a coincidence! Tongue Handsome guy btw!
[Image: 2017-01-25%2008.55.54_zps4pg1dz33.jpg]
Sometimes, the smallest things bring the greatest joy.
Oh, this may help a little. [Image: Dog-ideal-weight-chart.jpg]
[Image: 2017-01-25%2008.55.54_zps4pg1dz33.jpg]
Sometimes, the smallest things bring the greatest joy.
Definitely a rough coat and adorable! This is my Tasha (smooth coat) at four months.

.jpg   Almost 4 months.JPG (Size: 3.08 MB / Downloads: 24)

And at 2 1/2 years old.

.jpg   0011.JPG (Size: 2.82 MB / Downloads: 22)

For the tummy trouble try adding a little pumpkin and yogurt to his diet. I like to mix pumpkin and yogurt with a small amount of peanut butter in a Kong and freeze. It makes a great treat for your puppy and keeps them busy.

As far as size, Tasha was 17 lbs. at 16 weeks and her adult weight (almost three) is 32 lbs.
Their coat keeps maturing up until about two years of age. You may have a rough idea of size if you know the parents size. Keller's parents were in the forty fifty pound and sixty pound range. He is forty five pounds. There is large range of size in this breed so if these people have been around certain sizes they may just be used to seeing that size. I have been around people had dogs in the much lower range sizes who have assumed Keller was mixed because he looked huge in size standing next to their dogs.
For comparison, this is Max (merle) and Jasper at approximately same age as your pup. Not a good photo of Jasper but it gives some perspective being next to his dad. Both pups have the same mum, a medium coat. Max has a long coat merle as sire. Jasper's sire is in the photo and perhaps others might shed light as to whether it is considered long or medium. Jaspers coat has been very different in it's development, remaining quite short compared to Max at same age. The fluff around his ears however is very long (photo does not really show how long it actually is), to the extent that is looks weird and I have given him the nickname of Bob (as in sideshow bob from the Simpsons Show) Will be very interesting to see how he ends up. Max's Sire is a little smaller than Jaspers Sire Hugo (in photo) I think Hugo is a largish BC

Attached Files
.jpg   PB260012.JPG (Size: 1.23 MB / Downloads: 15)
.jpg   PB180235.jpg (Size: 459.54 KB / Downloads: 18)
I forgot to mention Keller had hook worms and all kinds of digestive issues still came out in the healthy normal size range.
How much does the little guy weigh? I've got a little girl who is on the small end of the bc spectrum. She was very underweight when we got her at 9 weeks - 2.4 kg. She was so tiny and it felt like touching her would break her. They called her squid at the RSPCA (animal shelter in Australia) because of how fragile she was. She grew to 4.5kg at 12 weeks and is now 6.7kg at 14 weeks, so she's caught up A LOT but is still much lighter than I've found a lot of other people's bc were at that age.

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_20170114_060807.jpg (Size: 1.43 MB / Downloads: 15)
Wow thank you! These replies help a lot, why didn't I come to this website sooner? it's great Smile
Your BC are STUNNING! Gosh, I can't wait to see how mine will look like!!

As for weight, he is 14.55 pounds, he has worms and recently ate half a pen and a tissue, so he has been eating a soft, bland diet, he is ok now and yesterday he started eating his regular food! I think he is smaller than yours were at his age though. His nickname is Mouse because his tail is so long and thin lol.

Another question, at what age did yours learn that they have to go to the bathroom outside when they go for walks? When we go for walks and he pees or poops, I give him a treat, but then again, when we go home he still pees and stuff if he needs to, I say NO when he does this, but don't know what else to do. Also, how much exercise are we talking about at this age? I take him to the park where he'll run and play with other dogs for at least an hour 3 times a day on weekends, which means that he is running for more than 3 hours. The rest of the week I give him a 40 minute walk in the mornings, another one after lunch and a longer one (an hour, hour and a half) at around 9 PM. Is this ok? Let me know Smile Thank you Smile
Frisbee_dog
Just the topic I was looking for. Great discussion- I am new here too! My pup Josie is 4 and a half months old and weighs 12kg (which i think is roughly 25 pounds). We never met her parents so I don't have a clear idea of how big she will be but I've heard female dogs are often smaller than their male counter parts? Everyone's dogs are so gorgeous.

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_1141.JPG (Size: 1.7 MB / Downloads: 22)