Border Collie/Pyrenees hybrid
My pup, Delilah, is a Border Collie/Pyrenees hybrid. Her parents work on the same sheep ranch. I was told she was the 'runt' of the litter. At eight weeks, she was 3 pounds, while her sibs were 5 pounds. She was a white dog with cream mask and spots and blue eyes. Well, it didn't take long before I realized that Delilah was no runt. She simply took after her father's family, the Border Collie! She is turning one year old now, and looks like a white Border Collie with very red mask and spots, green eyes, and a tannish-pink nose. She weighs 32 pounds and is 21" at the withers. Has anyone else experienced this type of hybrid, and can anyone tell me why she got most of the recessive genes? I love her and would not trade her for anything! I actually wanted a Border Collie but could not afford one. It looks like I pretty much got one and paid a fraction of Border Collie prices around here.
She sounds so pretty! Can you post a few photos?
We are going to photograph her in a couple of weeks when she turns one. I'll post them. The only other one we have, which is not on my computer, is of her at a local bar one of my sons takes her to. She is sitting on a bar stool in front of a glass of ice water. Yes, they serve her that and the laps from the glass, slowly, then looks around, and then laps again. Is this an extreme in socialization????? She is a very well socialized girl!
That sound so cute! I don't like bars but might consider going to one if my dogs could tag along.
Photo 

(02-09-2017, 06:37 PM)Tasha Wrote: She sounds so pretty!  Can you post a few photos?

I think I am sending you a picture.  I am not a good photographer, but I do my best.  I took this today, and with Ember's help, am trying to post.

She has one ear up and one down.......  Typical for her!
You got it! Good looking pup! Love it Smile
[Image: e5Qmm5.png]

Gotcha Day: November 14, 2015
Vet-Listed Birthday: May 2, 2014
That is a very common mix here, The ones I have known have been great dogs.
I sometimes suspect Draco has a bit of Pyrenees thrown in the mix partly his size but personality traits also.
Beautiful pup, love her markings.