what kind of food do you give to your BC ?
Okiye gets royal canin because its what we got from the breeder so we are giving him the same thing
but i want to know wich food or brand is the best ? im not a fan of raw feeding ... 5170
[Image: vhvjhv.jpg]
I combine raw with dry food, whitch do not contains grains, or preservatives, and has a reasonable amount of meet.
I also give salmon oil sometimes, for the omega's.
Why are you no fan of raw feeding?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
This page may be of some help. http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/best-dog-f...ppy-foods/ Hopefully it's more helpful than overwhelming. Tongue
I've fed mine raw for 17 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 922e7bce-ce23-427a-94d6-5cf3b6563f6b.jpg]
Jollie gets Diamind puppy chow her breeder gave us some said thas what she been getting so we been buying it for her at tractor suply(a dangerous place) Thats suplimented with ;people food and nunn better puppy treats Beaux da brat ahs been getting those for treats and Jollie likes em too.
Ah the food question.
Each dog is individual.
I can only give you my own thoughts, I don't like high protein kibble, It is in a dry form and I think it is very hard for the dog to process.
As for grains, some dogs do better on grains, my May does. The argument that dogs would not eat grains does not add up. Firstly dogs are scavengers not wolves. Secondly you could say dogs wouldn't choose to eat potatoes or peas but that is what is in grain free.
Don't get me wrong there are dogs that do better on grain free.
I don't feed kibble, because if someone gave me a bag of food told me i could keep it at room temp and it would be fine for months or longer I would not touch it. It has to be full of preservatives and extremely process. Saying that May is now on prescription kibble for her kidneys.
So you have to decide what is right for your dog at any given time. Draco is fed with a lot of variety, some raw, some cooked some dehydrated.
Raw is inconvenient and messy hence why I don't feed it all the time.

Sorry there is no this is the best food but there is definitely food to avoid
I rotate between Kibble, Fresh, and Raw. Finally got to add Kibble in after having a picky eater that didn't do well on it. Now it's like the "McDonalds" in her diet.

Fresh: Fresh Pet Vital (not the roll, the "fresh kibble" kind - like meatballs

Raw: Natures Valley Instinct Raw Pellets (another "kibble" but really just raw meat pellets).

Both of the above can be bought in the freezer sections in our Petco or Petsmart.
[Image: e5Qmm5.png]

Gotcha Day: November 14, 2015
Vet-Listed Birthday: May 2, 2014
Quirkydog,'index.php?page=Thread&postID=193504#post193504 Wrote:So you have to decide what is right for your dog at any given time.
I totally agree.... there are so many thoughts and theory's about dog food, I recommend to delve yourself into it, and then follow your own feelings .... and indeed, look especially for your own dog, because they are individuals ..
I believe best is not feeding the same thing for very long. It encourages over growth of certain bacteria rather than a wide range of probiotics. Just like with humans, if you feed the same thing for a while, you will create upset stomach issues. If you feed variety, you will prevent upset stomach issues.
Gotta love 'em.
Gideon\s mom','index.php?page=Thread&postID=193570#post193570 Wrote:I believe best is not feeding the same thing for very long. It encourages over growth of certain bacteria rather than a wide range of probiotics. Just like with humans, if you feed the same thing for a while, you will create upset stomach issues. If you feed variety, you will prevent upset stomach issues.

Gideon's Mom, I feed Taste of the Wild and have been really happy with it. Would you suggest I rotate between the different formulas?