*sigh* good old Chance
Well that clean bill of health with Chance lasted only a little over a month *rolls eyes* I noticed today when he was laying on his back, being a goober that his tooth looked funky... yeahh well that's because he chipped the one in half. ughhhhh. 

(top is the chipped side, bottom is the other normal side)

Guess we'll just watch it and make sure it's not bothering him and that it's not infected or anything. He still plays with his toys normally and ate perfectly fine. so who knows. *shoulder shrug* 

If anyone has any past experiences of something happening like this, please let me know what you did and if I should be super concern. 

Also, any recommendations of any good toys, that are good for their teeth and will sustain a crazy aggressive chewer would be wonderful!!  Big Grin

Thanks in advance  Heart
The best chew toy I've found to date is the Kong rubber ball.

[Image: 699565151_o.jpg]

It fits in Kairo's mouth just well enough for her to carry around and it does NOT give to her biting down on it. And she's already killed a jolly ball and bit a femur bone straight in half.
[Image: e5Qmm5.png]

Gotcha Day: November 14, 2015
Vet-Listed Birthday: May 2, 2014
(03-16-2017, 09:03 PM)Ember Wrote: The best chew toy I've found to date is the Kong rubber ball.

[Image: 699565151_o.jpg]

It fits in Kairo's mouth just well enough for her to carry around and it does NOT give to her biting down on it. And she's already killed a jolly ball and bit a femur bone straight in half.

oh my goodness!!! that's crazy. i got him two of these 
[Image: 6b5ecb81-dad2-491e-840a-696bf6e5d0fd_1.8...nBg=FFFFFF]
the other day, and the one is on the roof of the house (whoops -- i was trying to knock icicles down Lmao) and his blue one this color is missing half the spikes hahahaha. we have a couple kongs but idt i know where they're at or he just doesn't care for them. but i'll have to get him a ball kong and see how he likes it. thank you Smile
Tasha is quite the chewer and loves Nylabones.  She mostly ignores the DuraChews, I think it is because they are too hard.  Here are the two she likes best.

Have you tried giving him a Kong filled with something yummy?  I fill a Kong with pumpkin and Greek yogurt mixed with a little peanut butter and it keeps my two entertained for a while.
(03-16-2017, 09:23 PM)Tasha Wrote: Tasha is quite the chewer and loves Nylabones.  She mostly ignores the DuraChews, I think it is because they are too hard.  Here are the two she likes best.

Have you tried giving him a Kong filled with something yummy?  I fill a Kong with pumpkin and Greek yogurt mixed with a little peanut butter and it keeps my two entertained for a while.

well nylabones are what he chews now.. the durachews mainly the other ones i'm sure he'll destroy in a heartbeat and eat pieces bigger than what he should. i have tried kongs but i haven't filled any recently, i'll have to start doing that again
It is a challenge to figure out what to give them. Tasha and Mattie love antlers and I haven't had any issues with them but since Chance has a broken tooth I don't think antlers would be a good idea for him.

We have a few of the balls with the spikes that look like the one you posted. I got them really cheap at Petsmart and it is the one thing that Tasha doesn't destroy.
Poppy got to old age with discoloured teeth, a broken tooth, worn down teeth..But the vet said they didn't need work. Thank goodness because in her later years she was not a candidate for anaesthesia.
Those antlers have had a bit of a bad press here as they have been known to fracture teeth,. Me I wouldn't risk it.
Zoe has a couple of broken teeth. Some that are worn down from wear and tear. They haven't changed color and the vet says they are fine. 
It's been about 8 years since the first one broke. Unless they start to hurt her or show signs of being unhealthy I don't plan on having anything done to them.
She chews bones and hooves without any issues.
Linda

One Border Collie Is Never Enough

[Image: P1160337-800x600_zps7nxqmgvy.jpg]

(03-16-2017, 09:48 PM)Tasha Wrote: It is a challenge to figure out what to give them.  Tasha and Mattie love antlers and I haven't had any issues with them but since Chance has a broken tooth I don't think antlers would be a good idea for him.

We have a few of the balls with the spikes that look like the one you posted.  I got them really cheap at Petsmart and it is the one thing that Tasha doesn't destroy.
it really is!  Sad we gave him antlers before and i asked the vet before which one is they would recommend... antlers or nylas and our vet told us nylas for sure because she's had to do multiple emergency surgeries to remove antlers that dogs have swallowed. so we stopped giving him those. yeah some balls he does destroy and some he doesn't. so far he hasn't destroyed those spikey balls. 
(03-17-2017, 01:32 AM)Chrissy Wrote: Poppy got to old age with discoloured teeth, a broken tooth, worn down teeth..But the vet said they didn't need work. Thank goodness because in her later years she was not a candidate for anaesthesia.
Those antlers have had a bit of a bad press here as they have been known to fracture teeth,. Me I wouldn't risk it.
yeah well like i said the vet didn't really recommend antlers. she said they would keep him busy and that there's nothing really wrong with them but she's seen more cases involving antlers than nylabones. so they're a no no at the house.
(03-17-2017, 04:38 AM)only-borders Wrote: Zoe has a couple of broken teeth. Some that are worn down from wear and tear. They haven't changed color and the vet says they are fine. 
It's been about 8 years since the first one broke. Unless they start to hurt her or show signs of being unhealthy I don't plan on having anything done to them.
She chews bones and hooves without any issues.
yeah that's what we were thinking. as long as he wasn't having any issues, and it was normal colors than he'd be fine.