Enjoying the comforts of home
I'll just sit on the floor then Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Let the sleeping dogs lie. Giggle
[Image: 2017-01-25%2008.55.54_zps4pg1dz33.jpg]
Sometimes, the smallest things bring the greatest joy.
Well, in my home pets are not allowed on the furniture.

You can see how well that rule is working out for me.   Big Grin
(04-06-2017, 11:47 PM)Tasha Wrote: Well, in my home pets are not allowed on the furniture.

You can see how well that rule is working out for me.   Big Grin

I had that rule to but it's two against one
(04-07-2017, 03:38 AM)Williewingnut Wrote: I had that rule to but it's two against one

In my house it is four against one, two cats and two collies.   Big Grin
Well, I banned Izzy from my living room sofa when I bought a new one a year ago. He would ask to be let up, I'd say no, and he'd resign himself to the floor with a decidedly pronounce *SIGH*. This went on every evening for quite some time, and then I noticed that Iz no longer asked to be on the sofa. Every evening he'd just flop down at my feet and stretch out.

And of course, I began missing his presence next to me as I watched tv in the evenings, so I decided that The Rule could be banished. But now, whenever I tell Izzy "Okay, you can come up" and he looks at me with a "but...but...you SAID..." and he flops down on the floor. Now I feel like I'm the one who's being punished. Wink

Note, however: When I first implemented The Rule, I had - at the same time - purchased a rather lavish, very comfortable, VERY expensive dog bed for His Royal Highness. How did he take to it? He refuses to lie in the darned thing, refuses to go anywhere near it (almost as if he's thumbing me for his sofa banishment ("what? I can't sleep on the sofa? well then, I won't be accepting THIS bribe")) and it now sits in a corner, often being used as a bed cozy for his multiple stuffies.

And 2nd Note, however: On the two days a week that I leave the house to work in the office, when I come home Izzy's right there at the door, then dashes madly to the back door ("I want out! I want out NOW!!"). But I caught on to his sneaky ways. I began noticing that whenever I'd come home, one particular spot on the sofa was 'inexplicably' warm. Dog-body-heat warm, to be exact. So while Izzy attempts to pretend that he's the poor, woe-begotten little soul who can't enjoy any extravagances in life, it appears that he does, when I am not present, help himself to all of the available conveniences of home comfort. Only when I'm present does he pull the "Oh no, but you said I can't...so I mustn't" act.

I'm onto you, my little black and white hairy friend.
[Image: 24b7da04-ebe3-44ee-81cc-608ab615b402_zps55051c6f.jpg][Image: 83de47f8-0fda-4b91-9e6d-a8f2fd0b85ce_zps484a4b86.jpg]

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~ Will Rogers
Our dogs are so funny! Ember loves our couch too. I have to tell her to "move over" and she darts sideways like I've swatted at her (I need to get a picture of that), and then acts offended until I'm comfortable.
[Image: e5Qmm5.png]

Gotcha Day: November 14, 2015
Vet-Listed Birthday: May 2, 2014
I was wondering if ya chose the cat cause he has BC like markings or the BC cause it looks like the cat?? either way they amke great pictures and couch taters. Tongue
The cat came first.  I think someone dumped him in our neighborhood.  I have a child that loves animals so the minute she saw him I thought, "Great, we have another cat."  

Mattie loves him but she is a bit confused by him. 

And here is Tasha obeying the rule of "No pets on the furniture".

Complete with pillow.  There is good reason why we call her "The Princess".
Oh my goodness! No pillow is safe with Ember! She's also dubbed Princess for that reason LOL!

[Image: IMG_0478-e1491791921174.jpg]
[Image: e5Qmm5.png]

Gotcha Day: November 14, 2015
Vet-Listed Birthday: May 2, 2014