BC very afraid of high winds and thunderstorms
Out where I live in the state of PA is in the country and we get some very high winds and bad thunderstorms at times.  I have already been through one thunderstorm with my boy Jack and he reacted terribly while he was outside going to the bathroom.  He is very scared and he is also very scared of loud noises.  What can I do to help my poor boy not be so scared?  Summer is coming and we get awful thunderstorms out here, so I am very worried about Jack.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.
There are a lot of suggestions and ideas I'm sure are coming, so I'll start with the first one. Have you tried a Thundershirt?
[Image: e5Qmm5.png]

Gotcha Day: November 14, 2015
Vet-Listed Birthday: May 2, 2014
I have used a thundershirt with great success. I can even walk her in a storm
Thundershirt works great for my boy Obi. Before the thundershirt he was a pile of trembling drool with wide eyes and heavy panting. 

Obi is the red tri merle in my signature.
Linda

One Border Collie Is Never Enough

[Image: P1160337-800x600_zps7nxqmgvy.jpg]

I was thinking of the Thundershirt but was wondering if they really helped.  I really want to try it. I only want what it best for my boy.
They don't work for every dog, but they work great for a lot of dogs, and they are about the only thing you can do that doesn't have negative side effects.
Gotta love 'em.
I agree with the others here.  A thundershirt helps all mine (not BCs).   I tried sedation for a previous dog and it made him much worse.

If you buy one and it does not work, they generally re-sell quite well!   I bought 2 of mine second hand..

If my new Border Collie pup gets fearful of noise, I will buy him one too if it works - at least I have one  to try on him before I buy as one of my current one s BC sized!
Petsmart/Petco have great return policies if they don't work (US Based, I believe).
[Image: e5Qmm5.png]

Gotcha Day: November 14, 2015
Vet-Listed Birthday: May 2, 2014