New Member Searching For a Puppy
Since I'm closer to getting a puppy then I have been in YEARS Big Grin ,  I decided to join a BC centric forum.

I've been around herding breeds while volunteering at various shelters and have slowly fallen in love with the whole herding group, especially BCs, Rough/Smooth Collies and Shelties. Not so much ACDs, just  a LITTLE to snarky for me.

My puppy, mostly likely a mix, will come from a rescue, no kill or kill shelter. I also have a friend who does rescue transport looking for "herding mix" puppy, which around her is most likely a BC.  It'll just take time. Sad

(I mainly want a puppy due to bad experiances in the past with adult rescues. I have a disabled cat and an older dog and don't want to take any chances.)
HI and wlecome! It's so exciting planning for a new pup. Glad to hear you're going to rescue a pup out of a bad situation.
Welcome. Thanks for going through a rescue.
Linda

One Border Collie Is Never Enough

[Image: P1160337-800x600_zps7nxqmgvy.jpg]

Yay !!! Good on you. You sound so enthusiastic, exactly what a BC will appreciate. I hope your little one will finds you soon.
Hi and welcome
[Image: 922e7bce-ce23-427a-94d6-5cf3b6563f6b.jpg]
(04-21-2017, 06:53 PM)only-borders Wrote: Welcome. Thanks for going through a rescue.
I'll always go through rescue, but some of the ones around me make it rather hard. Sad  Jumping through hoops only to be denied for down right bizarre reasons, no one responding, mislabeled breeds (no matter how much the shelter staff wishes it, a b&w pit bull is NOT a border collie!), etc. But I'm patient
(04-21-2017, 11:14 PM)Trifan Wrote: Yay !!! Good on you. You sound so enthusiastic, exactly what a BC will appreciate. I hope your little one will finds you soon.

Oh, I am!
Welcome! We have adopted our two dogs from a BC rescue. We adopted them when they were each close to one year old. Sometimes, a smaller puppy may be a little bit harder to find through a rescue, but they are out there. I am glad that you are deciding to use a rescue. Good luck to you!
Hi and welcome!
Gotta love 'em.
Action-smiley-030 Hello and  Welcome-sign12 All three of our kids are rescues. Its been our experience that adult rescues DO come with "issues" but can be worked through with a lot of love and patience. However, our first was only nine months old when we rescued him and turned out to be our most challenging so you can't always count on age. Something to keep in mind. Best wishes and, again, welcome! You've come to the right place!  Snoopy
Lord, help me to be the kind of person my dogs think I am.