I need to rehome Bailey ...
I'm trying not to cry all over my keyboard as I type this....  I'm in the St Pete, FL area.

My existing dachshunds have not taken to my new border collie, Bailey.  She's so adorable and sweet (not quite 1 yet).  She's not the one to initiate the fights AT ALL - that's my eldest dachshund, Scooby's doing.  I can't keep them separated 24/7 and Scooby is determined to be the dominant one. It's just not fair to Bailey or to Scooby.  

I only want her to go to a good home, hopefully somewhere that has only medium sized dogs or dogs on Prozac that won't be trying to dominate her at the drop of a hat.  It's sad cause I know it's my existing dogs problem not hers. And I don't want her to suffer because of it. 

Please don't tell me I'm a bad mom, I really feel bad enough.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

What is her temperment like? I'm in SC, and might be able to do a halfway thing, but I am also in the throws fo moving (and hopefully twice in two months as I am taking an interim apartment). I currently have 1 very shy girl.
[Image: e5Qmm5.png]

Gotcha Day: November 14, 2015
Vet-Listed Birthday: May 2, 2014
(04-29-2017, 11:13 AM)Ember Wrote: What is her temperment like? I'm in SC, and might be able to do a halfway thing, but I am also in the throws fo moving (and hopefully twice in two months as I am taking an interim apartment). I currently have 1 very shy girl.

My husband works from home most weeks.  He says during the day the three dogs mostly lie down and are chilled.   She gets along with my middle dachshund - but he submits to everybody and is just a love bug.  She loves to play in our pool shelf, loves to play ball.  She rarely barks and is very playful.  She's never been the starter of a fight (darn stubborn dachshunds!) She goes on walks and lets strangers pet her, she doesn't bark at other dogs when they go by our yard or while walking. She's pretty much perfect which is why I really want her to have a good home, I'm just afraid we can't do that for her.  :-(
Would you be willing to meet up half way? And are you okay with her going to a home that is going to be upheaved twice in two months?

Oh my goodness, you are sooooo NOT a bad mom. My heart aches for you in this decision that you are making in the best interest of your dog. Respect.
I probably should have said that too. I do NOT think you are a bad mom. Things happen. I would like to help if I can, but if you are not comfortable with this situation I will also accept that. I'm sure you're kind of hoping someone closer will be available.

(04-29-2017, 01:48 PM)Ember Wrote: I probably should have said that too. I do NOT think you are a bad mom. Things happen. I would like to help if I can, but if you are not comfortable with this situation I will also accept that. I'm sure you're kind of hoping someone closer will be available.

I just want a good home for her .... and maybe updates too. She's really a sweetheart and smart. I'll message you later.
Ember would give her a good home. She is a very dedicated owner. 

I hope this can work out. You could always check in here to see how the pup is doing too. 

You are not a bad owner at all, it happens.
Linda

One Border Collie Is Never Enough

[Image: P1160337-800x600_zps7nxqmgvy.jpg]

Ok, I thought Scooby was being better with Bailey. Nope, he just wasn't feeling well. He's back to trying to fight.
I live over in Titusville, FL and can meet you somewhere. You are trying to do what is best for all involved. It's hard, but that makes you a good mom, not a bad one. Good moms make the hard choices.
Gotta love 'em.