When the Handler Fails Nosework
... And the dog picks up all the pieces herself.

This girl. I love her so much. She is suddenly filling in all gaps. She is going to spoil me! I tried a lot of things at one time - my first fail. Also, including all of the prep and trying to figure out how to keep Ember out of the search area without confining her, this thing lasted 12 minutes (cut down to under 2 minutes, don't worry lol). I believe the distractions I tried changed the game a bit, and she had to figure it out herself. She has even started rushing me into the search area. Urg, I just don't have enough space!

And in spite of all of this, look at her go. Some of it I was SUPER lenient on, because I had to cut out 3 minutes of her waving at me and downing instead of searching. And I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to help her break that 3 minute cycle.

[Image: e5Qmm5.png]

Gotcha Day: November 14, 2015
Vet-Listed Birthday: May 2, 2014
Aww, I am so disappointed. I haven't been able to watch many of your video's. I get 2 seconds and then they won't play. It seems to only be your personal ones, I can watch the video's you share from elsewhere. Awesome that you also write about it so descriptively, I can really get the gist of it. You guys are an inspiration as usual.
Interesting Trifan! It's public up on youtube. Can you go to my channel and see if the problem persists there? It might be in how I'm adding them to the posts, though I add all videos the same!

Start the video, stop it, hover over it and you'll see the Youtube logo in the bottom right corner. Click that. It should take you to a new page that is the video on Youtube. Let me know if it plays any better there! I really don't know...

And thank you Smile I hope you can see it. She's so funny. If you can see it there on youtube, all the other videos are there and public as well.

Also, if the "cutting out" is a buffering issue (it could be a big file, possibly?), try starting it, then pausing it. Let the little GREY bar that gets ahead of the red "have seen" bar - let it get to the end of the timeline completely. Buffering is where it stops and tries to load. The grey bar is how much is in the buffer. when the red and the grey bar match, you can't watch any further until the buffer fills up a little bit. Not sure if that is the issue you are seeing or if it's something else.
[Image: e5Qmm5.png]

Gotcha Day: November 14, 2015
Vet-Listed Birthday: May 2, 2014
Haha
I usually ask Draco to wait in another room if I am at home. He knows I going to place a hide.
He often can't contain himself and when i have hid it and turn around he has sneaked to the doorway and has his head wrapped around so he can we into the room. I really need to get a pic of it, as it it so funny.

Ember could be doing some aged hides now, so you could put a hide in a bathroom or bedroom just start with a 10min aging then send her in. That is I am assuming you have searched in various locations already, if not start.
Thanks Ember, Yes I can view it if I use the utube icon and go to your channel. Great !!! Tried again to view on the forum, just to check and same story, a few seconds and then freezes with the little circle going around and around in the middle. All good now though, now that I now where to go and watch. Thanks again.