Just when ya think ya got it figured out!
Jokie' turned 9 months a few days ago and the last few weeks have been great.  She is great company and pretty much calmed down lots and we began to think puppy hood was behind us and then.... it rained.  for 5 days in a row!!!!!

The yard turned into a soggy mess ad Jolie' loved it.  We tried to keep her in but the house is just too small for all her energy.  So after being cooped up when we did let her out she went nuts.  Frolicking running and playing.  This woulda been fine but her favorite run along the fence got muddy then a happy muddy dog would come in the kitchen and shake mud every where.  Muddy feet in my chair leaving ..... well a mess.

This aint all, Peg got mad at her for the mess and put her in the back yard with food and water for a few hours thinking she would get it out of her system and we would only hafta wipe down the kitchen cabinets and such once a day .....maybe.

The really bad news:  Yall may recall me saying when she was a pup we put chicken wire fencing around all our garden boxes??  Well it wernt tall enougn Confused  With the raised beds being drier than the rest of the yard Jolie jumped over the chicken wire and destroyed the garden box.  Treating it like a sand box.  All of our spring plants broken and chewed and a huge hole dug out in the garden.
To make matters worse we needed to run to the store, didn't see what a mess she was and opened the back door so she had access to the kitchen and den and Beaux and went out the front door.  I will leave the condition of the house and furniture when we returned to your imagination.

Need less to say its back to Lowes for taller chicken wire and new fence poles.
It'snot too late to plant some stuff so soon as it quits raining gotta replant 2 of our 5 boxes.  Sadly its raining now so I guess the spring mud fling of 17 continues Angry
(06-03-2017, 09:44 AM)Cappy Wrote: Jokie' turned 9 months a few days ago and the last few weeks have been great.  She is great company and pretty much calmed down lots and we began to think puppy hood was behind us and then.... it rained.  for 5 days in a row!!!!!

The yard turned into a soggy mess ad Jolie' loved it.  We tried to keep her in but the house is just too small for all her energy.  So after being cooped up when we did let her out she went nuts.  Frolicking running and playing.  This woulda been fine but her favorite run along the fence got muddy then a happy muddy dog would come in the kitchen and shake mud every where.  Muddy feet in my chair leaving ..... well a mess.

This aint all, Peg got mad at her for the mess and put her in the back yard with food and water for a few hours thinking she would get it out of her system and we would only hafta wipe down the kitchen cabinets and such once a day .....maybe.

The really bad news:  Yall may recall me saying when she was a pup we put chicken wire fencing around all our garden boxes??  Well it wernt tall enougn Confused  With the raised beds being drier than the rest of the yard Jolie jumped over the chicken wire and destroyed the garden box.  Treating it like a sand box.  All of our spring plants broken and chewed and a huge hole dug out in the garden.
To make matters worse we needed to run to the store, didn't see what a mess she was and opened the back door so she had access to the kitchen and den and Beaux and went out the front door.  I will leave the condition of the house and furniture when we returned to your imagination.

Need less to say its back to Lowes for taller chicken wire and new fence poles.
It'snot too late to plant some stuff so soon as it quits raining gotta replant 2 of our 5 boxes.  Sadly its raining now so I guess the spring mud fling of 17 continues Angry
Aww cappy we are used to rain and mud here we have no grass left , the two of them churning it up running through It , so we replaced it with decorative stones so all we have to do now  is brush them off the path every night  not got round to replacing the flowers think it will be a waste  of time that can be a project for NEXT year
That's too bad cappy. Maybe a crate that she can go into when she is let back into the house. Once they dry a quick brushing and the dirt falls right off them. 

I hope you have drier weather soon.
Linda

One Border Collie Is Never Enough

[Image: P1160337-800x600_zps7nxqmgvy.jpg]

LOL once they dry thedirt falls right off onto the floor and furniture Peg swept up aprox a cup and a half of dirt up. Did I mention our house is but a few feet bigger than Embers apt. ?

It's all good though just thought I'd share the story
Yikes That's a lot of dirt! Hope the rain stops soon so you can fix your garden.
Thanks LB I dont worry much we need 3 dry days in a row fore I can cut the grass I just wait till that happens and do what I can. The garden boxes will need major up grades and it will take a while for it to dry up enough to look at it. I plan a trip to lowes for the 4 ft tall chicken wire and more poles. Jolie jumped on top[ the wire and bent some poles on her way in to the gardens. frolicked like a kid in a new sand box dug a couple large deep craters, and tore up lots of stuff. Now we hafta pull it all up work the beds and replant some things. It's late and already hot so there is only a few things we can plant that will grow in our summer heat. NO use complaining and morning our lost veggies just time to start over.
Aint rained today yet time will tell.
Oh man. Energy indeed! Well, she got it out of her system, hopefully. At least you can salvage the plants!
[Image: e5Qmm5.png]

Gotcha Day: November 14, 2015
Vet-Listed Birthday: May 2, 2014
I just have this mental picture... a cross between Gremlins and the Swamp Thing careening through the house with the puppy zoomies.
Gotta love 'em.