Paw Targeting!
Sort of settled in, minus most of our stuff being in storage - but after several days of rain now, training is a MUST for this stir crazy pup. For some context here, we used this frisbee several months ago to shape getting her mouth on things, and we haven't done paw targeting in a really really long time. Friday-ish we did nose targeting, yesterday we did tug shaping with a rope.

Today I brought the frisbee out for paw targeting, not knowing what to expect in the way of offered behaviors. She is not overly creative when it comes to offering behaviors and I was a little worried she would get stuck mouth-grabbing. 

But no... we were able to get all kinds of touches varying in height and angle!

I see I missed a transition - oh well! The cut out parts are only me fishing for treats - the overall session was 3 minutes. She is getting very good with longer training!

[Image: e5Qmm5.png]

Gotcha Day: November 14, 2015
Vet-Listed Birthday: May 2, 2014
Thanks for that Ember. A reminder to me to do more training with this. We do something everyday but sometimes I am just stuck for something fresh. It's funny how things go by the by and suddenly you think, Oh that's right, haven't done that for ages.
That was really cool too watch.
Love watching collies training. You must spend some time training her. You can see she loves it!
I loved watching that video - I found myself cheering Ember every time she did a paw touch.
Trifan - I am the same way. If I didn't have the Fenzi classes to give me a guideline I would just sit and stare LOL. I'm not very creative, apparently!

Lesley - She is doing me proud! This was for homework in our current Fenzi class. It's so cool to hear people say they can see her enjoying it, because loving training is completely new for her. She is so pressure sensitive that she would rather give up than be wrong.

Pete - She's fun to cheer for! I love to go back and watch her videos. She has come such a long way.
[Image: e5Qmm5.png]

Gotcha Day: November 14, 2015
Vet-Listed Birthday: May 2, 2014
Glad you're settling in nicely. Ember is such a joy to watch! I see there was even a cameo of Anya. Tongue
[Image: 2017-01-25%2008.55.54_zps4pg1dz33.jpg]
Sometimes, the smallest things bring the greatest joy.
Wow!  That was great!  You are making me feel like a slacker.   Rolleyes  If we weren't on the opposite ends of the country I would think Ember and Mattie were litter mates.
(06-07-2017, 03:43 PM)Ember Wrote: Trifan - I am the same way. If I didn't have the Fenzi classes to give me a guideline I would just sit and stare LOL. I'm not very creative, apparently!

Lesley - She is doing me proud! This was for homework in our current Fenzi class. It's so cool to hear people say they can see her enjoying it, because loving training is completely new for her. She is so pressure sensitive that she would rather give up than be wrong.

Pete - She's fun to cheer for! I love to go back and watch her videos. She has come such a long way.

Yes!  I have found your journey with her very inspiring - her progress and I've also really appreciated your willingness to share your insights, questions and doubts along the way.