Hike Through the Woods
Kep and I went on an eight-ish mile hike today; through the woods of course. Tongue I thought I'd share a few pics of it.

Here's a fun little bridge over a little river
[Image: 20170608_132957_zpscowhdsmz.jpg]

Here is a bigger river, no bridge though
[Image: 20170608_141146_zpshoxdygnb_edit_1496962...xnb9i2.jpg]

At the end there's this 150ish year old fire place that used to belong to some civil war general.
[Image: 20170608_150257_zpsny3ddzzt.jpg]

We then sat down and had a snack and then I threw a frisbee for him a few times.
[Image: 20170608_152429_zpsdycrkfe8.jpg]
[Image: 20170608_152655_zpsqhcpcs8j.jpg]

I didn't throw it too much though. Just three to four (short) throws or so to make it special and to get out any extra energy he may have had. He's now asleep on the couch and will probably sleep soundly tonight. I'm going to keep the amount of exercise down tomorrow to let him rest a little.
[Image: 2017-01-25%2008.55.54_zps4pg1dz33.jpg]
Sometimes, the smallest things bring the greatest joy.
Beautiful photos. Looks like a wonderful place to hike!
What a nice day trip!!
Gotta love 'em.
Thank you so much for sharing these awesome photo's, I so enjoy seeing the scenery and getting a sense of where others live. Those waterways are so beautiful, my boys would be in that water in seconds. 
Haha, I got a really neat software update and it is great to just speak to the computer while I am reading and ask for conversion of miles to kilometres. What a perfect length your hike was, I bet Kep was nicely satisfied with that. My boys only do about 6 miles on the longest hike we can access and to be honest that's enough for me as well. They get to swim at the halfway point.
WoW.................. What a great place for a hike. Looks like the perfect day.
Linda

One Border Collie Is Never Enough

[Image: P1160337-800x600_zps7nxqmgvy.jpg]

It was a nice day. It was 70ish F (22ish C) and it's supposed to get in the 80s and 90s F (high 20s to low 30s C) so I wanted to take advantage of it. I've never been on that part of the trail before so it was quite the adventure. I've heard of the place before through trail signs at the trail junction and wanted to check it out. Going the other way the trail goes up to Massachusetts, it is a much longer hike at 20 miles so about 33 km but I want to do it at one point. I just need to work myself up to it. Big Grin

Trifan I love seeing scenery from different parts of the world too. It inspires a sense of awe and excitement.
Making mental notes of what to try to find around here - a hike sounds fun! But, well, Charleston. Basically all building Tongue Do you have an actual hiking trail or do you just find a spot in the woods and walk?

Awesome photos! I think his face in the first one is my favorite. Beautiful scenery to go along with the handsome pup!

PS, your 8 miles puts my 1 mile to shame >_<
[Image: e5Qmm5.png]

Gotcha Day: November 14, 2015
Vet-Listed Birthday: May 2, 2014
It's a hiking trail, it would be too hard to go through the thick woods otherwise. The trail is right next to our house so it makes for easy access. There's an entire trail system that's pretty cool but I haven't gone more than 10 miles on it going either way. There are apparently some nice views if you don't mind hiking some 20+ miles.

Do you have hiking trails near Charleston?
What beautiful pics! Would love to have places like that here to go for a walk.
Looks and sounds like a fab day out for you both Smile