Best exercise to ease over-stimulation?
I'm looking for exercising options that can help Ember's overstimulation. We've had a terrible day today - Fire alarm went off for almost an hour before they could fix it, and within an hour after that pressure washers hit both the front and the back doors at the same time (and that was another half hour). Tried going on a long walk and ran across a squirrel, three dogs, and 4 duck families.

Meanless to say she practically skipped dinner.

What is the best course of exercise to relieve all of this pent up tension? Walks are building it. I could try running her but it will be the same path as the walking path. I'm going to try to get her to my parent's yard tomorrow if I can.
[Image: e5Qmm5.png]

Gotcha Day: November 14, 2015
Vet-Listed Birthday: May 2, 2014
Things where she has to concentrate, like scent games may work better for her. Or if she has a really good watch me, try challenging it by walking circles around her, dropping to the ground, standing on a chair. I've never seen overstimulation resolved through more activity. It usually requires turning off for a bit, but with all that going on, turning off is quite a challenge.
Gotta love 'em.
Thank you! I will try these. It makes sense to help her shut down instead of working her up - I'm just seeing a little bundle of nerves and my first thought was to get the endorphins going. It's like she needs to pace but can't even think to do that. And she is wanting to do nothing but cuddle, which is unusual for her. So calm games it is.... And a relaxation spa room to run to as often as possible.

Remember her reaction when the couch arrived. She might need a quiet time out spot.
Gotta love 'em.
I think the spa day is working well...

[Image: IMG_0798.jpg]

Oh My, take me away. She is drifting away to nodsville. Sleep tight little one.
Linda

One Border Collie Is Never Enough

[Image: P1160337-800x600_zps7nxqmgvy.jpg]

Sometimes I think she has a better life than me LOL!

She looks very cozy.
She fell asleep so hard she started snoring LOL! I've never heard her snore. But she's still jumpy and I woke her up with a start shifting to reach for my phone. Oh well. She's acting much more normal today - just preferring my room when my hip is taken Tongue

I love GM's advice, no exercise just focus and also her bringing attention to the lounge. I guess I have a special interest in the canine olfactory system but I think generally speaking we do not fully appreciate how integral it is to a dogs understanding of the world. It's all about the chemistry and the story it tells. You could have a couch cleaned as many times as you liked but memories (remnant traces of scent) will always remain. No surprises that she has taken to the couch or even prefers your bedroom, these places are rich with feel good scents to her when the rest of the house really doesn't smell like home yet.
I think she is doing great.