Ember learning Tuck Sits
This was today's Fenzi work. The object is to help the dog learn to tuck their tail under them when they sit as opposed to rocking back into one (it's a performance skill). Ember already has a fairly solid tuck sit (she came knowing it - I didn't even know it existed until a few days ago). Either her previous life was one prepping for performance or her demeanor of slinking toward a person lends itself to being natural - but it's not generally a natural motion for dogs, so I don't know.

Anyway, I'm showing this off as another milestone of her ever-changing mindset towards training.

And also to ask if anyone has any insight into the final few seconds when my mother comes in. Would you call the zoomie-like behavior stress related or a just a release of energy when concentration is broken?

This is by far the bounciest she has ever been during training and it's been like this the past few sessions. I'm not sure what to think about it. Part of me absolutely loves it, the other part feels like it's really stress related.

ETA: I also absolutely love that all of a sudden she started offering exactly what I was asking for - scoot-sit. It wasn't exactly in the training plan but it caught me off guard when she started it lol!

[Image: e5Qmm5.png]

Gotcha Day: November 14, 2015
Vet-Listed Birthday: May 2, 2014
That looked to me like she was very pleased with herself. Your marker got very emphatic and included a very pleased laugh which she was definitely responding to. She knows you really liked what she did and it pleased her, too. She looked like she was right on the edge of doing something puppyish, which I don't think she would do under stress, since she is reserved.
Gotta love 'em.
I pretty much see what GM saw so won't repeat that. She seems to be really getting "into" her training now and enjoying to please. Your genuine and spontaneous laughter when so pleased put a big smile on my face so I can imagine Ember feeling similar.
Good job, well done. Even the distraction didn't take away from the session.
Linda

One Border Collie Is Never Enough

[Image: P1160337-800x600_zps7nxqmgvy.jpg]

Okay cool! Thanks for the input. She's begging to work a lot more so I'm trying to catch up now, without over doing it. Smile
[Image: e5Qmm5.png]

Gotcha Day: November 14, 2015
Vet-Listed Birthday: May 2, 2014