Happy 4th of July everyone [emoji5]
Chance and I would like to wish y'all a happy and safe 4th of July.
[Image: c395ef6400b576a1f5f778ed7dcad319.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks!! We are already hunkered down with Thundershirts on everyone. The neighbors are shooting. Joy, joy.
Gotta love 'em.
Happy 4th! This is the one point where I am very pleased with the dog I have. That being said, she's started acting out a little yesterday and today (even elicited a temper from ME, and I haven't lost my temper with her since I began to understand her). Don't know if it's fireworks related or just something else going on. We'll see.
[Image: e5Qmm5.png]

Gotcha Day: November 14, 2015
Vet-Listed Birthday: May 2, 2014
Happy Fourth of July. 

Keep your pups safe.
Linda

One Border Collie Is Never Enough

[Image: P1160337-800x600_zps7nxqmgvy.jpg]

Happy 4th July to you all over there, I know it is a big celebration for you.
WOW!! You should have been here earlier! We have a neighbor who is known for making homemade bombs, yes, bombs. We call all the time, but for some reason he is able to continue being a frightening idiot. He's been quiet just lately though. Well, today he set off a big one. He's about a mile from me, but it sounded like it was right next door.
Gotta love 'em.
The dry ice bombs? My dad use to make those growing up. Dry ice in the bottom of a 2 liter bottle with a little bit of hot water, screw top on, shake it up, and toss it as far away as possible. Was all fun and games until he put a hole in the bottom of an above ground pool, and in the same year lost another one in the woods that didn't go off until late the next afternoon.

Now that I'm older I feel so bad for our poor neighbors...

This complex we are now living in does have one caviat. We are facing a pond in the middle of several buildings (there is one on each side, making a square - one building is just 1 story but the other 3 are 3 stories). Turns out this creates a weird echo effect that is amplifying the sound of the fireworks. Ember is more on edge today than yesterday. Turns out what she was reacting to was the FIRST firecracker sound (one I didn't always hear), and what I was hearing was the echo off the buildings around us. It's really loud tonight. I have a spa radio station on Spotify playing and have 3 kongs ready, one of which has already been eaten.

[Image: e5Qmm5.png]

Gotcha Day: November 14, 2015
Vet-Listed Birthday: May 2, 2014
Happy 4th everyone! Hope you all make it through the night alright.
[Image: 2017-01-25%2008.55.54_zps4pg1dz33.jpg]
Sometimes, the smallest things bring the greatest joy.
(07-04-2017, 07:37 PM)Ember Wrote: The dry ice bombs? My dad use to make those growing up. Dry ice in the bottom of a 2 liter bottle with a little bit of hot water, screw top on, shake it up, and toss it as far away as possible. Was all fun and games until he put a hole in the bottom of an above ground pool, and in the same year lost another one in the woods that didn't go off until late the next afternoon.

Now that I'm older I feel so bad for our poor neighbors...

This complex we are now living in does have one caviat. We are facing a pond in the middle of several buildings (there is one on each side, making a square - one building is just 1 story but the other 3 are 3 stories). Turns out this creates a weird echo effect that is amplifying the sound of the fireworks. Ember is more on edge today than yesterday. Turns out what she was reacting to was the FIRST firecracker sound (one I didn't always hear), and what I was hearing was the echo off the buildings around us. It's really loud tonight. I have a spa radio station on Spotify playing and have 3 kongs ready, one of which has already been eaten.

No, not dry ice bombs.  Bomb, bombs.  From a mile away, it was louder than any of the mortars or shooting by quite a lot.  I could feel the blast in my chest and the pressure change in my ear drums.  Yes, that kind of bomb.
Gotta love 'em.
Wow, Chance looks so handsome! What a great photo!

Gideon's Mom, we have had the same issue here. One time we were out back and my husband was grilling burgers and there was a huge explosion that rattled the windows. My husband calmly said, "Someone bought some dynamite".