Boarding kennels for the first time
Almost time for the wingnuts annual family jaunt and time for the kennels for the dogs stressful time for us after last year but they have been over  for day  visits to meet everyone I'm hoping it's going to be  a fun time for them
I can imagine you would be feeling anxious about it. Just the other day I met a lady who works at a local boarding kennel and I was asking questions. Not that I see myself needing to use one any time soon but you just never know what life might bring and I realised how unprepared my boys would be for such an event. I asked about spending a day there from time to time to see how things went(paid of course) but they weren't interested. I guess that wouldn't be the kennel for us anyway then. In the past I have had a house/pet sitter stay over but it's good to have a backup plan for emergencies.
(07-16-2017, 04:34 PM)Trifan Wrote: I can imagine you would be feeling anxious about it. Just the other day I met a lady who works at a local boarding kennel and I was asking questions. Not that I see myself needing to use one any time soon but you just never know what life might bring and I realised how unprepared my boys would be for such an event. I asked about spending a day there from time to time to see how things went(paid of course) but they weren't interested. I guess that wouldn't be the kennel for us anyway then. In the past I have had a house/pet sitter stay over but it's good to have a backup plan for emergencies.

The drop off went well , i waited 15 minutes with them in the courtyard skye happily playing with her ball the wee guy running around after her and getting lots of attention from the staff I don't think they noticed I had sneaked away
(07-16-2017, 04:34 PM)Trifan Wrote: I can imagine you would be feeling anxious about it. Just the other day I met a lady who works at a local boarding kennel and I was asking questions. Not that I see myself needing to use one any time soon but you just never know what life might bring and I realised how unprepared my boys would be for such an event. I asked about spending a day there from time to time to see how things went(paid of course) but they weren't interested. I guess that wouldn't be the kennel for us anyway then. In the past I have had a house/pet sitter stay over but it's good to have a backup plan for emergencies.

The drop off went well , i waited 15 minutes with them in the courtyard skye happily playing with her ball the wee guy running around after her and getting lots of attention from the staff I don't think they noticed I had sneaked away
That's one of the hardest things to do, for me. Like dropping the kids off at camp for the first time. You just don't know how they are going to feel about the whole experience.
Gotta love 'em.