I came home from vacation to this....

These are not my cats.  They are kittens that someone dumped in my neighborhood.   Angry  I'm not a good judge of age but I would guess six to seven months.  Super cute, purr continually, and love attention.  I live on the edge of the desert and cats are coyote food which is why my two cats are inside full time.  I have contacted a rescue and my vet to see if I can find someone to take them.  They should be very easy to place.  I can't keep them, I wish I could.
That's a great photo ! They are looking back over their shoulders as if to say, "what or who is that to be disturbing our rest.

There are some horrid people who dump animals like this. It's disrespectful and cruel to both the domestic creature and the wildlife. It happens where I live as well. City and coastal folk both see our beautiful valley as a convenient dumping ground and don't care about the consequences which in my area includes wild life being killed and horses and cattle suffering serious injury or death from feral dog attacks.

Good on you for helping these guys out.
They are precious! I would say you are right about the ages. Dumping is common everywhere, it would seem!
[Image: e5Qmm5.png]

Gotcha Day: November 14, 2015
Vet-Listed Birthday: May 2, 2014
We have been putting the kittens in the back courtyard in the late afternoon to give them a little more protection for nighttime (and it is shaded in the afternoon).  This evening I saw one of my cats staring out the window and found the little grey one by the front door.  I went out and he had moved to the front patio and when he saw me trotted up to get my attention.  Why would someone spend so much time socializing a couple of kittens just to dump them?  These kittens will allow you to cradle them like a baby.  They start purring the instant they see us.  I had to move the two by myself one evening and had a kitten under each arm and they purred and were happy the entire time.  My daughter really wants to keep them and I keep trying to figure out if we could.  I think I would enter into crazy cat lady territory if I had four indoor cats!

Trifan, I agree with you.  Pets shouldn't have to fend for themselves and wildlife shouldn't be threatened.  Thankfully, these kittens don't seem interested in the creatures in my yard.  I came home to about a dozen quail enjoying the water and birdseed in the yard and both kittens were sound asleep in the shade ignoring them.  One of my cats (dumped in my neighborhood a few years ago) I have given the title of : "The Ultimate Predator".  He was the one I posted about that was playing with a large scorpion that got into the house and he also has caught a couple of large lizards that made their way into the house.  He really wants to go outside but I fear for any small creature in my yard.  I know the quail wouldn't be safe!
There is no telling what goes through people's minds when they do things like this - I can think of a few different reasons from a wanna-be breeder who got in over their head when they couldn't find homes for the last (or only) 2, someone moving, someone spiting a family member... really no telling.

Let us know if you keep them! I don't think 4 is crazy cat lady... yet. Maybe 5 Tongue You gotta keep those pups hopping at least!

Vet wise, who knows what kind of attention they may need.

Well, false alarm. I was out working in the yard (with the little grey cat helping me) when I saw a neighbor posting flyers and calling "here kitty, kitty". Neighbor said they were gone for the weekend and the cats are outdoor cats and will stay around the house if someone is home but will take off if no one is around. The kittens are six months old and I suggested that they needed to get them fixed. The husband seemed a bit annoyed at me for saying that.
People! Sheesh!
Gotta love 'em.
I used to know all my neighbors and then the economy crashed and so many of my neighbors lost their houses. The new people that moved in have small children so we haven't gotten to know each other. I'm planning to do the nice neighborly thing and offer to keep an eye on the kitties the next time they need to go out of town. The way the kittens gorged themselves on food and water it was obvious they didn't have enough to sustain them through a weekend.
That sounds like a good plan! Poor kitties Sad

Something else probably ate their food the first night. They probably decided it was safer at your house than the place where the hungry thing knew there was food.
Gotta love 'em.