Gideon's Mom
Will you have to evacuate?
Linda

One Border Collie Is Never Enough

[Image: P1160337-800x600_zps7nxqmgvy.jpg]

Oh no, is GM and family in trouble with a weather event ? Thoughts and prayers for the safety and wellbeing of all !
There is a hurricane heading her way. It looks like there could be 2 more following this one also. Not sure of their path yet though.
Linda

It's the same storm that may hit Ember... It's rather scary not knowing which way it will go and who will be affected. I'll be praying for everyone's safety.
GM I hope you are not going to be affected if I remember correctly you were hit hard not too long ago.
If GM gets hit, I will get the fizzled out version. If I get hit, GM won't. Of course, "usually" implied here, but this storm has been anything but "usual" lol. Anything that hits Florida usually follows the coast line (it will keep some strength but definitely fizzle), or it can go directly inland (I may get some bands but not much before it dies completely), or shoots across into Texas (and they don't need it right now!). Whatever hits me rarely goes south, but it can happen.

I have a feeling she is quite busy batting down the hatches.

Cat 5s are no joke!
[Image: e5Qmm5.png]

Gotcha Day: November 14, 2015
Vet-Listed Birthday: May 2, 2014
Watching the news this morning in Oz and seeing satellite footage as well as footage of the destruction so far. My goodness, category 5 is seriously scary. News is saying it is the most severe ever recorded in the U.S. The angst for people like GM who have all the animals to consider must be overwhelming.
Susie talked to GM last night. She is watching it closely it sounds like where they are its high and dry so they are just worrying about the wind at this point. Keeping all in Irmas apathy in our thoughts and prayers.... Heart
Lord, help me to be the kind of person my dogs think I am.
Sorry, I took so long to reply and worried everybody. We are preparing to get hit, but because of the Gulf Stream and where we are located, we don't usually get hit straight on. It almost always turns away from us or hits further south and weaken as it comes to us. We expect lots of wind and rain, and I worry about all the livestock, but we expect to be just fine. I live on a ridge and we built our house up even more so while things around us may be under water and we may lose power, we will be dry. We also built after the newer hurricane standards were in place, so we are considered to be "hardened." My biggest worry is that we took some damage to the barn roof in the last storm and still have not been able to get someone out to do repairs. They are finally scheduled for next month... We'll put tie-downs on it and hope it doesn't peel off and become flying debris for someone else to worry about.

I've spent the last 2 days scouring our property for anything that might start flying, but I can't do anything about the neighbor's junk. I still have a bit more to do here, so I won't be on much until we get power back after the storm, but I'll try to not be a complete stranger.
Gotta love 'em.
Stay safe and we will be waiting to hear from you when you can let us know everyone is Ok.

Sending prayers Patty.
Linda