Prayers for Gideon
I don't know yet what is going on, but something is.  Gideon didn't eat dinner last night, which sometimes he doesn't.  He regurgitated some water, which sometimes he does.  He vomited some evil smelling stuff, which happens when you eat poo.  It also had a bunch of hair in it.  He's acting a little off, but not enough that I can say anything specific about his behavior, other than he also wouldn't eat a treat, that NEVER happens.  He still wants to go on walks and run outside and play, but he didn't mug me for butt scratches.  I think he is having a hard time moving something through, but he isn't acting like he is blocked.  I'm worrying about my boy.
Gotta love 'em.
Aww, that's not good. From my experience with Max's Pica antic's and based on your description, I think I would have the exact same suspicions as you are. It can take Max 12-15 hours to work something through and it's a tough time for all.  Hope he gets things moving, it's tough on them and tough on you when there is not much you can do to help. Thoughts and prayers for you and Gideon   Heart
Hope he's ok Sad
Sending prayers for Gideon. Hope it works itself out quickly.
Linda

One Border Collie Is Never Enough

[Image: P1160337-800x600_zps7nxqmgvy.jpg]

Well, since what he vomited up had a bunch of hair in it, I gave him the stuff I get from the vet to help them pass hairballs when they stop eating. I think it has helped because he is much more interested in life and showing some of his old self. I just offered him a small bite of scrambled eggs and he actually grabbed it. So, I think dinner tonight will be eggs and rice. I think he has turned the corner and I'm so happy!
Gotta love 'em.
Poor Gideon! Glad it sounds like he's on the mend. Hope he feels completely better soon!
How is he doing this morning?
Linda

One Border Collie Is Never Enough

[Image: P1160337-800x600_zps7nxqmgvy.jpg]

Is Gideon back to himself today?
Gideon finally started acting completely normal last night and ate about 1/2 of a normal meal. Hopefully, tonight will be a whole meal.

Now, I just have to deal with getting two of the other dogs to the vet on Thursday, in addition to everything else that has been happening here. We're doing a lot of hurricane clean up both here and at my parent's house. For us, it's just cutting up and burning all the downed trees. For my parents, it's sorting through all the junk that has accumulated in their garage over the last 40 years, putting all the keepers in storage, and tearing out the damaged shelving units and walls. It's kind of funny. The fire wasn't even more than a ten foot circle, but the damage from firefighters hosing the fire covers 3/4 of the garage, an entire bathroom, 1/2 of the guest room, and 1/2 of the kitchen.
Gotta love 'em.
Hi GM, How is Gideon doing and did the other two guys check out OK at the vet ? How are you parents recovering from their ordeal and are you making headway on the clean up ?