My BC swallowed a pork rib bone
I have a 45 lb Border Collie. He got a hold of a bone from ribs I was eating. I tried to take 
it away, but he swallowed it. It was about 2.5 to 3 inches. I was surprised he could get it 
down. Maybe he will able to pass it. But, I don't know, it was pretty big.  Although his 
stools are that big. Any suggestions beside keeping an eye on him. Any symptoms or 
signs of trouble to look for? 

Would feeding him moist food help? That gives him a softer stool. Which might help
him pass the bone.
Watch for obsessive stretching, lip licking and yawning, they can be signs of discomfort/nausea. If he starts vomiting or has diarrhea (especially if it's bloody) get him to a vet ASAP. I would bring him in if he doesn't pass it by tomorrow.

Honestly I'm no expert on the matter so you might want to take my advice with a grain of salt.

Hope everything turns out well!
I support LB's advice. There is a window of opportunity to see if the object passes (no longer than 24hrs) and that you know when he swallowed the object allows you to time this. I have a dog with pica who has swallowed huge rocks and once upon a time I would rush off to the vet every time usually to be told to give him until next morning before doing anything. We have had some pretty rough nights with him in pain and vomiting but by morning the object had made it through the intestine into the bowel and then suddenly all pain stops and the object passes after the next feeding. Blockages can be very problematic but very often people don't know how long the object has been on board. In this case you are onto it and can watch and wait a little while.
If he isn't vomiting, feed regular meals to help carry it out of the body. If he has nasty smelling vomit and watery diarrhea, it could be causing a blockage. And it's time to contact the vet, get x-ray, and watch him extremely closely. That with signs if gut pain is getting pretty serious and may lead to surgery to remove the blockage.

With that said, hopefully, he will just pass it.
Gotta love 'em.
(10-18-2017, 05:30 PM)Gideon Wrote: If he isn't vomiting, feed regular meals to help carry it out of the body.  If he has nasty smelling vomit and watery diarrhea, it could be causing a blockage.  And it's time to contact the vet, get x-ray, and watch him extremely closely.  That with signs if gut pain is getting pretty serious and may lead to surgery to remove the blockage.

With that said, hopefully, he will just pass it.

Thank you for the help!