Playing with her mat
I'm on a cleaning spree and picked up several of Ember's toys for the washer. Well, I guess she had an epiphany...

I looked up from work and saw her nuzzling under her mat. She then propped it up on her paws and was rolling around under it. Of course I only caught the tail end of that play. It's still funny tho.

Just look at that face.

[Image: e5Qmm5.png]

Gotcha Day: November 14, 2015
Vet-Listed Birthday: May 2, 2014
Lily likes to play with her mat too. She will roll on it, bunch it up, spread it out, burrow under it, and so on for a good half hour, If no one in the house moves a muscle while she is doing it. If someone moves, all bets are off, it must be time to play with the human, never mind that all you were doing was switching which way your legs were crossed.
Gotta love 'em.
Yes! That! If I so much as change how I breath she comes running like "Yes?!". LOL. I don't even know how she knew I had the camera out as it was very little motion for me to grab it.
[Image: e5Qmm5.png]

Gotcha Day: November 14, 2015
Vet-Listed Birthday: May 2, 2014
My boofheads can't have mats. Yes it starts out playing with them nicely but always evolves into a chew fest or tug of war between them. Lately they have both at some point been scratching at the venal bottoms of their crates at night to make a soft spot. I so want to put bedding in for them but I have fallen for this before and wake up in the morning to at least one crate full of stuffing. I thought Max had grown out of it but after 3 nights he was back to old habits.
GM, I know exactly what you mean, only have to move a leg to a more comfortable position and the previously relaxed dogs are up and alert. "Ready, what are we doing ?" So many gorgeous photo opportunities slip by because any movement puts an end to the magic.
Angel has a mat because her old bones do better on one and Lily has one because she likes to have one and she hasn't eaten one...yet. Micah and Gideon have access to mats, but really don't like them or use them, so they don't "have" one.
Gotta love 'em.