gingerbread anyone?
So my daughter gave me lovely cold the week I am supposed to be baking and shopping. 
Would anyone like some fresh home made gingerbread. LOL Just kidding I 'll put baking off. I am not THAT gross.

This time last year my foot was in a boot and my father in law died so we had a funeral to prepare for and attend. It was so hectic I didn't have time to not be motivated. This year it feels like something is missing without the challenge. How sick is that?
“If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans.”

James Herriot
― 
I remember you having to travel. And wasn't the weather bad also? 

If all you have is a cold this Christmas then you are already better off than last year. 

Good to see you back KBB. Big Grin
Linda

One Border Collie Is Never Enough

[Image: P1160337-800x600_zps7nxqmgvy.jpg]

I understand the lack of challenge feeling! My first year out of school I basically lived with deadline anxiety LOL! I get it. Glad this year is looking up! Colds suck, I'm there too (flu last week, cold this week - fun times - at least I'll be set for the rest of winter LOL!).
[Image: e5Qmm5.png]

Gotcha Day: November 14, 2015
Vet-Listed Birthday: May 2, 2014
Hi KBB!! I have really missed you!

Sorry you are sick. It seems like everyone I know is sick right now except my immediate family, which of course has me paranoid that we will get it next. I have everything else going wrong instead. We lost Angel, my old JRT a couple weeks ago and Peekaboo, my old feral cat, this morning. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Gotta love 'em.
Welcome back KBB! How's Keller doing?
Lord, help me to be the kind of person my dogs think I am.
(12-16-2017, 06:53 AM)Greg Wrote: Welcome back KBB! How's Keller doing?

Hello Greg. Keller is still the  usual handsome patient ever tolerant guy We added two Syrian hamsters that roll all around him in their balls, They touch noses. He likes them, 
Today the city slicker saw Clydesdale horses all dressed in bells pulling a wagon downtown. He decided he needed to sound the stranger danger alert.Farm dog would roll their eyes at him. This weekend when we went to cut the tree down was the first time we have taken any pictures in a while. I will try to get a look at them and see if any are decent and try to share them. 

This summer he decided that it is okay to leave his position waiting by the backdoor if the garbage smells good enough to investigate and decorate the kitchen floor with. But it has to smell really good. And if I leave the room and an apple pie or crisp is within reach on the counter means it must be  for him. Something new to him. Didn't have to give that stuff a second thought up until now. He snores if we lay around and sleep too much that is new too.. He likes wearing bandannas. We have a whole basket of them. I pull one out and say let's get dressed he walks right up sits down in front of me head up, Think he does it because he likes the word handsome.
“If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans.”

James Herriot
― 
(12-15-2017, 01:57 PM)only-borders Wrote: I remember you having to travel. And wasn't the weather bad also? 

If all you have is a cold this Christmas then you are already better off than last year. 

Good to see you back KBB. Big Grin

thanks good to see you guys too++. 

And yes the weather was a challenge.  I would not mind another one of those storms. Preferably New Years weekend. Got my full energy back today. Took Keller out on the town. Came home spent evening baking and watching A Christmas Carol.

I got weather tech liners for Christmas again this year. For my little 2014 Ford Focus,  I got it as a smaller vehicle for new driver It is pretty much  Sawyer's car as long as his grades stay up. Mike works third shift so the van is home all day for me. To be honest I like the little car better though. It has the blue tooth, automatic headlights, tiny blind spots with actual blind spot mirrors not to mention I can squeeze it into any parking spot in one try. Sawyer takes my car to school. And to his new job. He details cars at Bergstrom. I get my car washed for free. It is really weird not having to drive ANYONE to school in the morning. Both girls walk to the middle schools. Keller and I still have not figured out a routine for this change.

James Herriot
― 
(12-15-2017, 04:17 PM)Ember Wrote: I understand the lack of challenge feeling! My first year out of school I basically lived with deadline anxiety LOL! I get it. Glad this year is looking up! Colds suck, I'm there too (flu last week, cold this week - fun times - at least I'll be set for the rest of winter LOL!).

Deadlines are good. If you give me something to do that I don't want to and no deadline....I just don't do it. Deadline I may procrastinate and the adrenaline of the deadline motivates me; inspires me even. LOL

My middle daughter has the cold now. Not as bad. It may as well be....she's my diva drama queen. And yet she walks home from school no jacket on in temperatures below twenty degrees...ERRRG Mom it's just around the block. Great grades. Yet no brains.

Just have my husband left then the house should be done cold wise for the winter. Over new years weekend would not be bad time.  Sawyer is just lucky or has some sort of super immune system.

James Herriot
― 
(12-15-2017, 06:11 PM)Gideon\s mom Wrote: Hi KBB!!  I have really missed you!

Sorry you are sick.  It seems like everyone I know is sick right now except my immediate family, which of course has me paranoid that we will get it next.  I have everything else going wrong instead.  We lost Angel, my old JRT a couple weeks ago and Peekaboo, my old feral cat, this morning.  I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Hi GM 

I think about you often also. 
I am really sorry about Angel...
to be completely honest I have not experienced a true loss. I moved out and had to leave my first dog with my parents in my twenties...not the same feeling when he passed. I am dreading it. Keller's mom died of cancer this spring. She was only seven. Keller is almost five so it makes me nervous.
Peekaboo is a cool name for a cat. I felt guilty when I lost my first cat because it turned out she may not have just been a quiet cat. She was just sick the entire time I owned her (only one functioning kidney that was not healthy). I felt happy for her she was being released to be healthy in heaven. 

Do you have a goldfish? Hopefully that can be the other shoe?

James Herriot
― 
I sprained my knee in October and it still isn't better, and a couple days ago, I had a PVD(posterior vitreous detachment) in my right eye. maybe that's enough.

I know what you mean about figuring out the new routines. I'm trying to get things figured out too.
Gotta love 'em.