About the Forums
Please let me know if there are any issues and I'll work on them.

Currently, the known issues are:
  • Old Links - Links posted on the old forums are not displaying right on the new. I'm trying to get that fixed but if not I'll try to edit them so they work whenever I come across one. If you need to go to a URL and the link isn't working copy and paste the URL into your browser. Moderators, if you see a link that's broken feel free to edit the code out of it and just leave the actual URL in the post. I know it's a pain, you don't have to if you don't feel like it. I have a script that is supposed to automatically change them all to the new forums coding but it isn't working so far.

• Profile Info - You may need to update your profile information, including timezone offset and birth date because some of that information was lost in the merge to the new forum software.

• Signatures - Some members have custom text colors and sizes in their signatures that they will want to change the codes to reflect the new system. To do that, delete any codes in your signature that aren't working right and use the signature editor to replace them with new codes.

• Avatars - will need to be re-uploaded or linked to.

• Private Messages - All of your private messages from the old forums will have to be deleted or marked as read again.

Thanks for your patience and please let me know if you encounter any problems.

TIPS, NOTES, and HOW TOs:

Get to know your User Control Panel - There are features on these forums that weren't on the former forums. Such as attachment management. You can view all attachments you've ever posted there allowing you to link straight to them rather than uploading the same photo again which takes up more server space.

To Embed a YouTube Video - Simply use the youtube tags like in the code below, with the link to the video in between the tags.
[code][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0sO1wdBhMY[/youtube][/code]

To Attach Images - You can use the image tags or upload the images as attachments. To use the image tags use the code below, replacing the address with the actual link to your image.
[code][Image: image.jpg][/code]
To upload the image as an attachment, click the "Choose File" button, browse to and double click the image you want to upload, then click the "Add Attachment" button. When you submit your post the image will be uploaded and displayed at the bottom of your post. You can add multiple images. Note: if you click "Preview Post" the images will not display. They only upload once you submit your post. Also, we encourage the use of image hosting sites like http://photobucket.com and http://flickr.com . Hosting your images there helps us save server space and bandwidth here at ABC.

Thread View - If you like the thread format of our old forums better, where the member details were all to the left of the posts rather than above the posts, you can change to that view in your User CP. To do so go to your User CP and on the left in the 'Your Profile' section click the link to "Edit Options". Then in the 'Thread View Options' check the box next to "Display posts in classic mode.". CLICK HERE for examples.

Forum "Board Styles" / Color Themes - If you would like to try out different color schemes for the forums you can change your by going to your User CP and click on "Edit Options", then select a new color from the dropdown box under "Board Style" in the Other Options section.
Brandon
Lance & Mick

[Image: sparklelance_sig.gif]
Thank you so very much Brando. For keepig us all connected!
Kelly
In their short lives our pets give us all they can...their friendship, unselfish love, and total loyalty. Lucky dog always in my heart
(06-25-2010, 04:51 PM)GreensMom Wrote: Thank you so very much Brando. For keepig us all connected!

Ditto, thank you.
Gina
[Image: MaggieandZoeypage-1-1.jpg]
You're welcome. It's all fun to me. I enjoy messing with internet software and all that. Smile

Speaking of which, I'm still messing with the forums so if you get an error don't worry it will be back up a few seconds later. I keep checking to make sure nobody is typing something when I upload a file just in case it breaks something. I'll try not to mess anyone up.
Brandon
Lance & Mick

Ok I'll be the first with a question. How do I put a picture in a post?
Kelly
In their short lives our pets give us all they can...their friendship, unselfish love, and total loyalty. Lucky dog always in my heart
(06-25-2010, 11:10 PM)GreensMom Wrote: Ok I'll be the first with a question. How do I put a picture in a post?

If you want to upload it here click on the button below the section where you type your post that says "Choose File" and then click the other button that is across from it that says "Add Attachment". Then when you hit "Post Reply" it will be uploaded and displayed at the bottom of your post.

If you want the picture in a certain spot within your post you can also click the "Insert into Post" button after you added the attachment but that is optional. Otherwise the images will all be shown at the bottom of your post.

If you have it hosted elsewhere, then put the URL address to it between image tags like this:
[code][Image: image.jpg][/code]
Brandon
Lance & Mick

Thank you Brandon. That's what I was trying to do but the choose file is greyed out. I thought maybe I could add pics from my phone but I will have to wait until I get a cord for my laptop. Thank you!
Kelly
Why, yello there! /wave
  [Image: 4719725775_5dd4b7a779_t.jpg]
a u s s i e h o u l a
In an attempt to fix a login/logout issue some members have been having I've change the cookie setting on the forums. So if you have trouble logging in or out please clear your browser cookies and it will work after that.
Brandon
Lance & Mick

Testing YouTube Video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0sO1wdBhMY[/youtube]

Working Smile

Ok, to embed a YouTube video in a post, simply use the youtube tags like in the code below, with the link to the video in between the tags.

[code][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0sO1wdBhMY[/youtube][/code]
Brandon
Lance & Mick