Recently, when I went to McDonald's I saw on the menu that you could have an order of 6, 9 or 12 Chicken McNuggets.

I asked for a half dozen nuggets.

'We don't have half dozen nuggets,' said the teenager at the counter.

'You don't?' I replied.

'We only have six, nine, or twelve,' was the reply.

'So I can't order a half dozen nuggets, but I can order six?'

'That's right.' So I shook my head and ordered six McNuggets
Linda

One Border Collie Is Never Enough

[Image: P1160337-800x600_zps7nxqmgvy.jpg]

This has probably actually happened.
Kelly
In their short lives our pets give us all they can...their friendship, unselfish love, and total loyalty. Lucky dog always in my heart
Six of one... half a dozen of the other...
On the other hand... a bird in the hand... is worth... Six chicken nuggets...Big Grin
It is often said... "A dog is man's best friend..."
I only hope I am worthy enough to reciprocate...
Bob...
[Image: working-dog.jpg]
Sounds like something you'd hear here in Sonora. I swear half the teens went straight from kindergarten to McDonalds.
Brandon
Lance & Mick

[Image: sparklelance_sig.gif]
/lol i hope you checked your change afterwards!.
[Image: playing_with_my_new_squeaky_rugby_ball-1.jpg]
(12-16-2010, 08:57 PM)Herding Addict Wrote: What does that tell you about the educational system! OMG, that's too funny!

Also, out of the "Three R's," only one of them actually starts with an R.
(12-17-2010, 08:00 AM)BCBlake Wrote:
(12-16-2010, 08:57 PM)Herding Addict Wrote: What does that tell you about the educational system! OMG, that's too funny!

Also, out of the "Three R's," only one of them actually starts with an R.

Recess?? /thinking /evilgrin

LOL This is one funny thread! /lol

I have a much younger cousin who is just in her second year of college, and she didn't understand the Geico Insurance commercial. You know, the one set up like the Antiques Road Show...."what is the bird in the hand worth? Two in the bush".

She said "but how much is that? I don't know how much two birds in the bush is worth..." and she was being serious. Geesh.... /goofy
I don't think I've posted this story before....
It was the day of the extra large tides....equinox, when the tide is the highest all year, in Sept. There was also a strong wind, so the water was up to the sea wall, which rarely happens....I took Sally down to see it.
2 young tourists, with 2 dogs were complaining about there being no beach....that's the only reason they visit, to run the dogs on the beach.
I tried explaining about tides, new moon etc, and could see them raising their eyebrows to each other (nutter?)
Then the woman said:"Well, you'll have no tourists coming here, now that you've lost your beach!"....
Er...????/yikes
Jo.
Jo, Cumbria.
The McDonald's thing is one of the reasons I quit eating fast food, they can never get your order right (usually end up getting less then what you pay for). Heaven forbid you have a coupon for something free. /lol
Nature is cruel, but we don't have to be. -Temple Grandin
haha nice
[Image: Sig2.jpg]