Interesting reading
I read this today after it was posted on Facebook. Very interesting and quite true when it comes to our wonderful border collies.

http://agilitynet.co.uk/training/borderc...deatt.html
[Image: ToddandFury1.jpg]
"Dog lovers are a good breed themselves"
~Gladys Taber
(10-28-2011, 08:07 PM)Toddsmom Wrote: I read this today after it was posted on Facebook. Very interesting and quite true when it comes to our wonderful border collies.

http://agilitynet.co.uk/training/borderc...deatt.html

Good read. Thanks for sharing.
Tony

[YouTube Channel]

Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend.  ~Corey Ford
Vey good read Smile its often the basics we forget
I own a Border Collie and im still sane ... or a Border Collie owns me is more of an accurate description of the current situation
[Image: SANY0072.jpg]
I posted this a while back - but it is a great read....maybe could be made into a Sticky?
So useful for people to understand where their 'pet' collie behaviours come from.
Hannah
The only mistakes my dogs make are the ones I've taught them!
[Image: DSC00134-1.gif]
Very useful! Smile
- Morwenna and Fergus Big Grin

'One of the seven great dogs'
Very informative, I agree that it should be a sticky.
Nature is cruel, but we don't have to be. -Temple Grandin
That's a great article, thanks for sharing! It'd be wonderful if more people who were considering getting a Border collie would read something like this first, as it seems so many have no clue what they're getting into when they get one (many people choose a breed for looks and nothing else). It would help new Border owners with the 'why is my dog doing this?' question, and might even prevent some BCs from winding up in shelters or rescues. /wtg
[Image: 24b7da04-ebe3-44ee-81cc-608ab615b402_zps55051c6f.jpg][Image: 83de47f8-0fda-4b91-9e6d-a8f2fd0b85ce_zps484a4b86.jpg]

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~ Will Rogers
Very nice find Ellen! Smile
Gabby, Athena, & Trout
The best handler in the world is the one whose dog is having the most fun.

[Image: CD_15485_174335_athenaGraves_a1064195-1-1.jpg]
thnx for posting that was a gd read Big Grin
thanks for sharing that Smile