Puppies!
[attachment=5951]Cute/wtg

Attached Files
.jpg   1345917585706.jpg (Size: 2.05 MB / Downloads: 386)
Snoopy Forever!/snoopy
Not fair to post a picture and not explain. Big Grin
Linda

One Border Collie Is Never Enough

[Image: P1160337-800x600_zps7nxqmgvy.jpg]

[attachment=5954][attachment=5952][attachment=5952]
(08-25-2012, 04:20 PM)only-borders Wrote: Not fair to post a picture and not explain. Big Grin

Lol, they were born on the 16th August. Abbie is actually a really good mum.

/shrug At the end of the day she is my husband's dog, not mine. And three of them already have homes. Two are going to be family pets. The third is going to live with a nice dog trainer/behaviourist who only uses positive training methods.

Someone is coming tomorrow to see them. Several other people are also interested. The vet is happy with their development, and they and their mum are thriving. I sold my iPad to cover the costs of their initial jabs and microchipping, so that money is set aside.

They are being handled every day in accordance with the Puppy Plan. Six pups, one girl the others are all male.

Anyone who rants at me is going to get the sharp side of my tongue, as we spent seventy two hours straight helping care for Abbie during the birth and subsequent days that followed. I was actually having auditory hallucinations by the end of it...kept hearing puppies squeaking! They are using our bed as a den, so we take it in shifts to stay with them at night, whilst the other person sleeps on the sofa.

Now for another picture/drinking

[attachment=5952]

And one more of them, this time with Abbie:

[attachment=5953]

The dad:

[attachment=5954]

Attached Files
.jpg   20120825_175609.jpg (Size: 1.71 MB / Downloads: 368)
.jpg   1345919142116.jpg (Size: 1.85 MB / Downloads: 365)
.jpg   20120824_193220.jpg (Size: 1.97 MB / Downloads: 368)
Snoopy Forever!/snoopy
Arghh - my pictures bred!
Snoopy Forever!/snoopy
Which one is the female?
Linda

One Border Collie Is Never Enough

[Image: P1160337-800x600_zps7nxqmgvy.jpg]

She is the pure black one next to Abbie's hind leg. Looks just like her mum colour wise, and is probably going to be the same build.
Snoopy Forever!/snoopy
Beautiful babies! Congrats...I must have missed something along the way cause I didn't even know Abbie was expecting.
I asked god for a best friend and he gave me a Border Collie Heart
I never even knew she was expecting except the one u said a few months ago but that was a phantom pregnancy.Im really confused lol.So ur keepin 2 of them ?
[Image: Karoo.jpg]

[Image: ZH6S.png]
(08-26-2012, 11:29 AM)Kieraaa Wrote: I never even knew she was expecting except the one u said a few months ago but that was a phantom pregnancy.Im really confused lol.So ur keepin 2 of them ?

No, my husband failed to get her spayed and when we left the dogs in the care of a friend whilst we went away to visit family for the weekend, they were allowed to mate. Apparently our friend thought this was ok...actually they called it: "A real life Lady and the Tramp":evil:

Said friend did not tell us this had happened until quite a while later, when I noticed that Abbie was getting rather plump! By the time we were informed, the jab was no longer an option. We now have one less friend, by the way.

We talked it over and decided to let her have them. We arranged with our vet that if any were born with defects, or developed them in the first eight weeks, we would have them euthanised. Thankfully, the surviving six puppies are all healthy so far. The other three died in utero.

Four of the pups are already reserved, three to family homes and one to a trainer/behaviourist as a pet/working dog. Just two to go. There are four families coming to view this week.

Abbie is booked in for her spay, the vet is waiting for her to be ready and pups weaned, etc. Ex-friend is paying for some of the incurred vet bills as compensation for letting them together on purpose.

I didn't mention it on here as to be honest I was not in the mood for anyone wading in just to have an argument. So we just got on with it ourselves, and only told our vet until after they were born. And yes, Abbie ate yet another whelping pen, hence the fact our bedroom is now an improvised den...
Snoopy Forever!/snoopy
Lovely. Chubby. Puppy bums.